Saturday 3 March 2007

A new week

26th January 2007
Thank goodness that week is over. It was HARD! For all kinds of reasons. The first day was fine as it was a novelty starting a new diet and not eating my normal meals for the day. Day 2 was not too bad but got headaches and didn't feel great so I didn't fight it. Day 3 was great as got weighed and had lost 8 pounds! What a shock and what an inspiration!!!!!!! Day 4 was awful, depressed and bored. Day 5 was very much the same. Suddenly realised I had so much more time on my hands! Have to find a hobby or something exciting to do. Day 6 felt more comfortable with the shakes and received three pages of how to change a shake into a muffin, edible food!!!!!!!! Yipppppeeeeeee. Didn't succeed though but will keep trying. Excited now as seem to have gone through the first signs of depression. Day 7............. meeting and weigh in. I was the first to get weighed as I really needed to know that this past week had been worth while! Lost 12 pounds in 1 week - WOW. I was now very happy but told that I was dehydrated. How was that possible????? I was drinking 5 ltrs of water a day but have to admit still felt thirstily. But VERY HAPPY as definitely worthwhile as I haven't felt hungry but just wanted food for the sake of it - emotions!This 2nd week is going to be a challenge as going away for 3 days to a place that is not set up for mixing up shacks (electricity not available all the time - may have to resort to hand shaker instead). Need to plan well and possible BA strike could keep me another day or even possibility of snow so must take additional supplies! Well off to meet some great people and will catch up next week.

No comments: