Saturday 3 March 2007

2 Stone Goal!




18th February

Been rather busy the last couple of weeks! What news well...............I have lost 2 STONE! I have reached my first goal which I am really pleased about! I lost 6.8 pounds in week 3 and 5.6 pounds in week 4. Most importantly my BMI is coming down quickly which for me is most important. It will be a few more months before it will be in the "normal" range but this is what I am aiming for more than actual pound loss. It means then my body will be the correct healthy weight and not what I think it should be!
What a programme! Not easy by any ones standards but do-able! It is not so much being hungry as I have said before, it is much more about wanting food for all kinds of emotional reasons. Losing the weight this quickly is a little scary even though of course I am delighted, it is just that I wonder if it can continue at this rate. It can be easy to get disappointed with ones self if we lose a small amount of weight one week, as you feel you have sacrificed soooooooooo much (you could still be eating and loose say 1-3 pounds)but I look at the bigger picture and see how much weight I have lost over a couple of weeks or since I started.
I have done many diets previously where you will get an average of 2-3 weight loss each week, but these have been concentrating on what you are eating and not WHY you are eating. The minute you go off the diet just because life can take over sometimes, you end up going back to your old eating habits, put the weight back on and even more! So look at the bigger picture I say - it will keep you motivated!
I have been suffering a little from depression and feelings of deprivation and punishing myself. In the last group meeting I made a significant breakthrough. I am not sure that anyone noticed but I decided to choose to be more positive about MY CHOICE to do the programme. Our councilor touched a note with me when she said that it had been my choice to do the programme and that I was doing this to understand my relationship with food better. That night I came home feeling really positive for the first time in weeks! The group had been very supportive and this is the key to this programme. My relationship with my partner has since improved and this has been very important. You can get self indulgent but actually this is necessary as the reason why I am overweight is I never paid any attention to myself. But be positively self indulgent!
I have now lost 10.5 inches off my body in total. 4.5 off my waist, 4 off my hips and 2 off my chest area (thankfully not more than that)! I have dropped from a size 22 to a size 20/18. I have to say size 18 is a difficult size as depending on the shops you go to it could still mean you have to take a size 20 as their interpretation is that a size 18 is actually in reality a size 16 - so stay clear of those stores who want us all to be misguided by their "thin" mentality! I especially love the "larger" sections which are right next to the "petite" clothing areas. I agree there are a few individuals who are petite but seeing as the UK is 2nd to America as being the "fatest" country in the world, the need for such a large "petite" sections is laughable! Additionally it is positioned right next to the "larger size" section - very annoying as when you cross over the divide by accident, people start looking at you with the "you wish" stare!
Chucked out a whole lot of clothing today - someone else can now benefit from my over indulgence! Exciting!!!!!! I still have clothing which I kept from a previous diet in a suitcase, size 18's as I was always going to get into them at some stage! I had promised myself this hence not throwing them away when I started gaining weight again. It does motivate you to a point but as I grew larger I needed larger clothes so not the right motivation to stay slim I am afraid. The real excitement for me will be when I lose another stone and for the first time in 10 years I can buy a size 16 again. Hopefully it wont stop there! But I would really like to do that shopping trip again!
A little helping hand I have discovered has been colonic irrigation. It is fantastic for cleaning out years and years of gunk! It is totally dignified and worth every single penny so start your sessions today as not only will you feel 3 pounds lighter (you can actually lose pounds on it), but you feel healthier. UK is the most constipated country in the World - shocking! Most other European countries have many centres who do these treatments as there is such a demand for them, but not in the UK. 1 in 3 people here suffer from constipation due to the shocking standards of food in this country. So get irrigated - you will not regret it. Consult your GP first though to make sure its OK! Another helping hand is my "I can make you thin" CD from Paul McKenna. It comes with a great book and helps you to practically handle food. This I will use when I start eating conventional food again but the CD helps with programming your thinking to think of what you will be like when you are thin. It is very relaxing and can really focus your mind to make your body lose weight!
That's it from me today - hope it has been helpful. Really interested in any ones feedback on these subjects. Stay focused and positive and catch up with you again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.