Saturday 3 March 2007

Birthday Bliss

2nd February 2007
Today is my 37th Birthday! My focus has been on my programme so haven't organised anything for this Birthday. I normally organise a party with friends in a restaurant but decided I was not quiet ready for that just yet, as I have only completed 2 weeks of the 14 week programme, so need a little more time. Having said that I am totally delighted that I have now lost 1 stone and 2 pounds in just two weeks! WOW even I can't believe it but my clothes certainly can as they are getting looser. My 3 day away ordeal was a real struggle as all my husband's family did was drink and eat for 3 days. Hardly a relaxing easy environment for someone abstaining from food!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I stuck it out and I know if I can get through that, I can get through ANYTHING!I am feeling much better mentally too as not struggle so much with the concept of being deprived. Just moving on and focusing on how to keep myself busy each day, joining the gym and swimming club and joining up for some dance lessons so have nice variety of activities to do. I don't believe in stressed activity so certainly for the first couple of weeks I will do my best to spend around 3 hours a week doing some form on dedicated exercise and then make sure that I walk everywhere as much as possible (need to get to 10 000 on the pedometer). We are now starting to do some serious homework on discovering many things about ourselves and how we manage our relationship with food and the issues that make us want to eat all the time.Going now to get today on the move so will catch up after next Wednesday's session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa (S.A.) said...
hello friend, what an amazing girl you are. Reading through your blog, I felt inspired and motivated and I'm sure anyone reading this would feel the same. I love your approach, think you're wonderful and will look forward to your updates. love from south africa, vanessa....happy birthday

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
How about some before and after pics. When you are down to chosen size?
D.

22 February 2007 08:57

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Hey T
I am full of admiration for what you are doing. You have taken control of your life - and your health and you are going to be so glad you did this. Very much looking forward to our first high street shopping trip. Keep going. One day at a time. Sarah

19 February 2007 17:52