Thursday 29 March 2007

30 days to go

It has been a more difficult week these past few days as I really struggled to drink the minimum of 4 litres of water a day! Not sure why but know that the more I drink the more weight I lose. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the weight loss is no longer the main focus thus associating it with the amount of water I am drinking??? Having said that it is "that time of the month" and I have been feeling the usual bloatedness, tired and moody self. I was pleased though as I did lose another 2.6 pounds which is the most I have lost during this predictable time of the month - normally 1.5 to 2 pounds maximum. Also I have started gym which for my health is great but you do tend to pick up the pounds as muscle weights more than fat. I would rather look toned and be fit than.

We have lost a few more members of our group either due to them being close to their goal weight already or personal circumstances. I feel that the people in our group and the weekly meetings have really brought I close together and many of us are still very focused and committed to the programme. We have 30 DAYS left of our 100 day 1st phase of the programme and we have all decided to give it our best shot so that we make the most of it. We were discussing the options of going onto additional phases in the programme or extending the "food abstinence" programme for another 4 weeks at a time. Each person has to decide for themselves what is the right solution for them. I personally feel that I would like to start re-introducing conventional food back into my life so that I can see I cope around "real food". At the same time I will probably still have another 3 stone to lose after I finish the 100 days, but I am comfortable with that as I am in it for the long term and will continue to lose weight with the next phase even though it may be considerably slower as my body adjusts to conventional food again. I will have to make a final decision closer to the time as I don't want to rush this decision. The last stretch now so really trying to stay focused and positive and just work mainly on my "crocked thinking"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in the last stretch, T...the most difficult I'm sure, you experiencing it full all day and everyday, us on the outside looking in...so, no don't quite know fully your challenges, but from the outside, it looks so good. You will look back and be so happy you stuck it out.

Keep going sister!