Thursday 24 May 2007

Biker chick!


These photo was taken recently at a conference I attended in Leeds. We had the pleasure of being driven on these cruiser bikes by these rather charming 'maturer' men to the Emmerdale TV film set (not open to the public so a bit of a privilege if you actually watch Emmerdale - which I am afraid I don't).
Thought I would do a quick update on what me and a few others have been going through during the 3rd/4th week of our Route to management programme. Our weekly get together sessions have changed slightly in that we are not really 'learning' anything ground breaking but understanding what is happening to us mentally and physically. A few of us were discussing outside of our weekly session (we actually get more out of these chats than we do sometimes from the hour and half session) how each of us are experiencing different reactions both physically and mentally. This really highlights the fact that what may work for one person doesn't necessarily work for another! Sharing ideas is great and really helpful but it is not always that easy or relevant to one's specific circumstances. So the gist of it is as I see it, listen to what you are advised with an open mind and at least try things to find out if they work or not. Don't follow things blindly! I am constantly astonished at how people just follow what they are told without questioning it, researching it, trying it out and playing around with it! Adult - the state that we need to be when we are around food! Not child listening to those who think they know better and want to be 'helpful' by telling us what we ought be eating now (outside of the programmes guidelines). This programme is very specific and therefore it needs to be followed according to it's guidelines. Once we are fully back onto 3 meals a day we are still being advised to follow the GI or GL principles - which from my research are very good guidelines to work with.
I have found that fruit is a bit of a trigger for me as it has natural 'sugars' in it, so I am having to learn portion control with this one - not easy when you understand that it is healthy for you but everything in moderation! Hope you are all enjoying the sunny weather!
It is quite strange how people who supported me during my abstinence period are now less supportive as I am 'eating' again and to them that means I have finished the programme. NOT AT ALL! The next few months are the HARDEST and MOST DANGEROUS for me as it is much easier to slip back into old habits now than before. So keep the comments and positive feedback coming as this is so important in assisting with the long term success of what each of us are trying to achieve.
New photo's of me in black to follow next week (requested by popular demand!)

6 comments:

Mrs Incredible said...

I don't recognise this person!!! You look great. Looking forward to seeing the new you next week. And yes, yes, yes pictures in your black outfit please!

This is a tricky part coming up. But I have no doubt you will be successful. Come for lunch soon and I'll make something we can both eat. It doesn't seem so long ago that you arrived on my doorstep with your soup, whisk and bottles of water!! Keep going Mrs. There's challenges ahead but take a moment to look how far you've come. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Just had to stay I took stumbled accross this blog while researching LL, what an inspiration you are - I am so motivated now to begin a journey of my own, seeing a councilor later this week. Reading your words feels like you are throwing me a lifeline, I truely think if I dont do this now, I shall never loose the weight, keep posting!!!

Anonymous said...

Va Va Voooooooooooom Vrrrrrrrrrm little sister. Looking great! Sounding confident and inspiring to observe!

Unknown said...

Hi

Thank you all for your great comments and I am really happy to be able to inspire other people like myself to embark on this life changing experience. Hope you get out of it what I have done thus far and let me know how you get on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamar, Thank you for inspiring my to start LL and I've had my first weigh-in and lost 9lbs. I'm so happy and very motivated. Keep up the posts. Amanda

Anonymous said...

Time for an update...PLEASE!!!